Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Academe: A Dream in Progress

     Not so long ago, I dreamed of entering the academe. It was not a good choice for the majority. But for me, it was one of the nicest and selfless decisions I had made. One thing that convinced me to enter the academic world was my belief that teaching is my simple share towards nation-building. It was such a noble belief I had there, which made me desire more to become an academician.

     Now, my simple dream has finally became a reality. I am now an academician and I teach architecture. I started this career last June of 2013 and since then, I became a much better person. It was a blessing, indeed, to finally see myself in a whole new perspective wherein I work not just for my own good, but for the common good of everyone. And even though there are a lot of sacrifices to take, I still am grateful for this career.  

     As of the moment, my journey as an academician is still in progress. And I don't see any reason to stop because I still need to pursue effectiveness. Being a teacher without the value of being effective is useless at all. And for me to become effective, all I need to do is to hone aspiring architects. 
     I need to exert a lot of effort and patience in molding my students into warriors. I need to prepare them for their battle as they face life's challenges and surprises. I do need to inculcate in their hearts the value of becoming selfless. And lastly, I need to reshape their perspective for them to know what they are capable of. I need to do all of these simply because... I have a dream. I am dreaming of developing great architects, young achievers, and new generation of nation-builders.

I am an academician... and this is my dream.  


Photos courtesy of J Jacobo Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I turned on my comment moderator to protect my reader from people, who are using my page (particularly my comment section) in spreading spam messages, anomalous links, and phishing activities.

Popular Posts

Order Your Artistmat Perfume Now