Monday, June 10, 2013

Blending Contrasts

     I've been busy attending a three-day seminar last week. I was required to attend the said seminar before I can officially start my new career. The entire three days were filled with different interesting topics. One of which required us to act as if we were the lecturer's students. The lesson was something to do with adjectives. We were divided into four groups and were obliged to create a title together with an adjective-filled story out of our chosen painting. Our group chose this very nice painting, which we think really caught our attention. The title of the painting was "Bulb fields" - painted by Van Gogh.

     Since the activity is only for five minutes and because I'm a blogger and I can definitely feel the figurative emotions portrayed by the artist, I initiated in composing the story and let my group mates give their comments or reactions on what I've done. They agreed on the outcome and we ended up presenting this short story in front of everyone. 
Blending Contrasts

     Once upon a time, I woke up in the middle of a world filled with contrasts. The sky looks gloomy yet the field was filled with lovely colors. I felt a little scared yet there's intense emotion of gladness blooming inside of me. What a contrasting yet perfectly blended world there is. I came to realize that our world is indeed full of contrasts. We were all born different from each other, but we all have to blend and complement one another for us to successfully mend this broken world. 

Photo courtesy of Van Gogh Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I turned on my comment moderator to protect my reader from people, who are using my page (particularly my comment section) in spreading spam messages, anomalous links, and phishing activities.

Popular Posts

Order Your Artistmat Perfume Now