Monday, December 17, 2012

Killed: In Memory of the Killing

The world rejoices as you were born,
Never expecting that soon we'll mourn.
Your life is so precious, we all know that.
Memories with you then, became so sad.

We gave you knowledge for you to will;
We gave you emotions for you to feel;
We never thought that someday we'll kneel
With tears in our eyes knowing you've been killed.

Your life is a wonderful gift that we did accept.
You are a priceless treasure that needs to be kept.
If only we guarded you so well during your stay,
Then we would have never seen you slain.

How can we find hope now that you're gone?
We've planted so many things, but now we're done.
All we need now is to pray to God for you to find 
The guiding light towards heaven, go leave us behind.

Oh! It's such a cruel world for us to stay. 
We're living with people that gave us dismay.
They heartlessly kill people we truly love,
Which caused our hearts break into tiny halves.

Note: 
I wrote this poem in memory of the victims of Newtown Shooting. I joined the world in mourn for the death of innocent souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I turned on my comment moderator to protect my reader from people, who are using my page (particularly my comment section) in spreading spam messages, anomalous links, and phishing activities.

Popular Posts

Order Your Artistmat Perfume Now