Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bigkas Pilipinas

.....Thank God because yesterday was saturday! I really love Saturdays not because it's a weekend starter but because of the fact that my favorite radio segment is about to be aired. The radio segment that I'm talking about is Ms. Kooky Tuazon's "Bigkas Pilipinas".
Bigkas Pilipinas is a radio program that features Spoken Words. To give you some detail regarding Spoken Words, I did browse its definition from Wikipedia and here's the definition:
=====
.....Spoken word is a form of literary art or artistic performance in which lyrics, poetry, or stories are spoken rather than sung. Spoken-word is often done with a musical background, but emphasis is kept on the speaker.
One of the most common sorts of spoken word performances is performance poetry, where a poet either reads previously-published poems, or reads poems specifically written to be performed aloud. Another kind that has gained popularity in recent years is political and social commentary, done in such a way that it is, while still prose, somewhat more artistic than a typical speech. Spoken word artists are often poets and musicians. Spoken word gained notoriety in the late 1980s and early 1990s through the emergence of "poetry slams," where spoken word artists would square off in cabaret-style duels.
=====
.....I really love this program especially the type of genre it delivers to the audience because it has unique qualities and it gives a relaxing feeling to me as a poet. You won't be able to feel the power of words if you won't get a chance to experience its presence. Hear it live on your radio at Jam 88.3 every saturday night. Show starts at about 9:00 p.m. You may also listen through their website: http://www.surfmusic.de/radio-station/jam-88-3-fm,4420.html at the same time and date. I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I turned on my comment moderator to protect my reader from people, who are using my page (particularly my comment section) in spreading spam messages, anomalous links, and phishing activities.

Popular Posts

Order Your Artistmat Perfume Now